CURRIES IN UR STYLE

CURRIES INSPIRED BY UR PALATE

Blog Archive

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Cheera thoran



Hi, every body, though I am a regular visitor of almost all food blogs,I was very lazy to start a blog.
oh how i hate to write endlessly about any thing.After browsing thru so many food blogs I thought that I shall also start blogging.For that I have to overcome my inertia( both in cooking &posting recipes). I am not an enthusiastic cook.either .Almost all days I will be reaching home very tired( even to cook a simple meal) But my husband Y and darling daughter N ,they likechappathies,dosas etc .No rice.So almost all days I have to prepare either of these.Y is particularly fond of north indian dishes. So i started cooking north indian veggies. Y always en
courages me to cook new recipes . So here goes my first recipe. It is a south indian .

  1. Cheera thoran
Ingrediants

spinach(cheera) one cup finely chopped I used the red one
coconut 1/4 cup finely shredded
garlic 2 or 3 pods ( chopped)
cumin 1 teaspoon
turmeric powder 1/4 spoon

For seasoning
mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
urad dal 1 teaspoon
dry chilli (red) 2
coconut oil 1 teaspoon

Heat oil in a cheena chatty(wok or kadai). Put the red chillies,splutter the mustard seeds,urad dal. Put the coconut,turmeric powder , ,garlic , cumin seeds into the kadai.( the cumins shall be slightly crushed -by hands),Saute it for 2 minutes. Then add the leaves.Put some salt also.Cover the kadai and cook it in slow flame till done. Delicious cheera thoran is ready

No comments:

Post a Comment