CURRIES IN UR STYLE

CURRIES INSPIRED BY UR PALATE

Blog Archive

Monday, November 9, 2009

vellayappam&vegetable stew


Today I am going to post a beautiful breakfast recipe.Vellayappam & stew I like vellayappam very much.I was using a non stick appachatti earlier . But the coating was damaged and I have to abandon it. Then one of my friends told me that u can use an iron appa chatti. I bought one. And that was a disaster.The appams wont come off from the chatti.It will be sticking,torn apart and what not.Usually I attempt to make appams only on sundays. Y Always tell that,.if I am to make appams,attempt only on sundays ,so that u can make alternate arrangements. At last I bought another non stick ware. So this sunday I made appams.The best combination is vegetable stew.

VELLAYAPPAM
Ingredients
Raw rice 1 cup
coconut 1/2 cup(GRATED)
Rice(cooked) 1 teaspoon
yeast 1teaspoon
salt to taste
Soak the raw rice in water for 5 to 6 hours.
Grind together the soaked rice,cooked rice,coconut to a smooth paste. Put the yeast in half a glass of lukewarm water.( U can add 1 or 2 teaspoons of sugar to the yeast). After the yeast has risen, add this to the ground paste.The consistency of the batter should be similar to that of dosa -batter.This shall be kept overnight. Next day u can make appams. Heat the kadai. Pour the batter .Then make the batter go round the kadai by turning the kadai in a circular motion with both ur hands.Cover it with a lid. When it is done,take it with a laddle.

VEGETABLE STEW
Ingredients

potatoes 3
carrots 2
beans a few
cauliflower 10 or 12 florets
green peas 1/2 cup
green chillies 2or 3
ginger a small piece
turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
coconut milk 1 cup
Boil all the vegetables with turmeric powder,green chillies.ginger.When the vegetables are done pour the coconut milk. Just heat it only,dont allow it to boil.
Add curry leaves and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment